"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Who cares if it is free if you can't use it!

I don't buy stuff to get register rewards, extra bucks or rebates if it is something I can't use. It isn't worth getting it free if I can't use it. I've noticed a lot of bargain hunting bloggers purchasing things for the money they get back which makes that item free and always wonder if they are using it or it is being wasted by sitting on a shelf somewhere and not getting used. Some examples, all those meters for diabetes that people are getting free or making money off of by getting them with coupons that make them free and than getting money back, wart remover, tons of make-up, ecotrin (don't know a single person who uses this) etc.

Are any of you donating the things you get free but don't use. I would love to find a legitimate charity to donate surplus things that I get for free or that I can't use.

2 comments:

  1. There are lots of charities like women's shelters, pregnancy counseling centers, prisons, or other residential-based facilities- even group homes- that would LOVE to make use of your finds. I know of some where I live in Milwaukee, but they must be all over the country. Hygeine supplies are not a priority budget item. Are there CBRF's for autistic adults near you? Then if you got stuff you specifically can't use, you know it will indeed go to good use.
    I love your way of thinking, Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to get off my butt and do some more research into donating. I would love to do it but there always seems to be a hundred and one other things on my to do list. I guess I will add this one. Thanks for your suggestions. It has definately given me some ideas on where to look for a need : )

    ReplyDelete