"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Friday, January 1, 2010

Buying multiple newspapers for coupons vs. buying lots of coupons on ebay

I have done both. I prefer buying multiple newspapers every Sunday that there are good coupons. I buy a minimum of 5 newspapers. If there are a lot of really good coupons I will buy 10 or more newspapers on Sunday. My CVS sells them for $1.50. When I run errands on Sunday and flip extra bucks I buy newspapers at my local one, then the next town over and back to my local one I can use my green bag tag for each trip and you get a $1 extra buck for every fourth use of the tag.

One big advantage of buying multiple newspapers on Sunday is that you have the coupons immediately and can jump on sales that might be sold out by Monday. It's also just cheaper. Most Sunday newspapers have at least 2-3 coupon inserts and the total value of the coupons outweighs the $1.50 per paper price.

I still occasionally get coupons from ebay only if they are something that is never in the newspaper. For example I get $4 off any size Iams cat food and $3 off any size Arm and Hammer cat litter coupons because they never have anything of that high value in the Sunday paper or as an internet printable.

How do you get your Sunday paper coupons?

5 comments:

  1. Beth, no Dollar store? At Dollar Tree I can get a paper for $1, plus I get the paper delivered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn's Money-I don't know if our local Dollar Tree sells the Sunday paper. If they do than I definetly have a new place to get them! Thanks for the tip : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marilyn's Money-I also need to check out having it delivered!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We only get the paper delivered on weekends and holidays. I only get one paper but get coupons inserts from my mom and grandfather. I might by another paper this weekend though. Coupons come a day early if you have the paper delivered so I can see if it's worth buying another Sunday paper for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer-There are supposed to be 5 coupon inserts this weekend and they are supposed to be amazing. Just this weeks sales have a lot of good matchups with this Sundays coupons. I'm planning on buying 10 newspapers this week.

    http://www.sundaycouponpreview.com/

    click on the "read more" link after the partial list for each insert to see the entire list of each insert.

    ReplyDelete