"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Lilacs!!

I grew up in Maine and lilac bushes grew everywhere like weeds. I have such fond memories of seeing them everywhere I went outside as a kid. They remind me of being in the fresh air and walking and biking around my neighborhood before we had to REALLY worry about "strangers" and being snatched off the street. They remind me of a safer and simpler time in my life. They aren't as plentiful here so when I saw them blooming in the backyard of our new apartment I was thrilled! Here are some photos I took of the lilacs in my vase and in the backyard : )

















3 comments:

  1. My mom has a lilac bush growing in her front yard. I love them too... they smell so wonderful. Your pics are beautiful... I could almost smell the lilacs! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful!!! I keep meaning to plant a lilac bush (or three) on our property. I absolutely love the smell, and they are so pretty! Great photos!

    Also, if you have any questions re: starting up an Etsy shop, I'd be glad to help in any way I can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. April-Thanks so much for the offer of assistance. Now all I need is to find time to make some stuff. Ha!

    ReplyDelete