"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Sunday, May 3, 2009

It's not easy being green

I need some help from all you wonderful people out there : ) I hate germs and I love killing them with chemicals! I prefer using chemical cleaners because they are proven to kill germs. The frugal part of me hates the price. The bleeding heart part of me hates that I am harming the Earth. I am totally open to finding a cheap, natural way of killing germs and keeping my house fresh and sparkling. I watch How Clean Is Your House? and have recorded many episodes. They use a lot of natural cleaners that they make themselves. However, I need scientific proof that these natural cleaners are going to kill germs! If anyone can present me with this info or point me towards a website or some other source of proof please contact me : )

3 comments:

  1. I don't have any literature references of the scientific evidence on the cleaning power of natural cleaners... however, for centuries, way before all these chemical cleaning products came, everyone used natural cleaners and most (except for the plague and whatnot) were fine, even in places like farms which had faaaaar more germs than you would ever like to imagine!

    If you are feeling like you need more germ-killing support, I would look into adding tee tree essential oils and look up other anti-bacterial things to put into your cleaners :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info : ) I used to really be into natural products back in college but have since strayed. I would much prefer natural : ) I will do some looking around on the internet for "proof".

    ReplyDelete
  3. you might want ot check this out..
    http://www.hsn.com/for-the-home/bissell-steam-shot-handheld-steamer-with-accessories_p-5389773_xp.aspx?web_id=5389775&ocm=sekw

    havent tried it myself,but i've heard it's great.the frugal side of me is waiting until it goes on sale ! :)

    ReplyDelete