"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Garden update-baby veggies!!

Despite all the rain and lack of sunshine my garden is thriving! I have been slug hunting and salting everyday, doing Miracle Grow once a week and turning over the soil in between plants with my little hand rake.

The peppers have lots of blooms and a few babies.....
The big one.

My tomato plants are ginormous. I have had to move my ties and restake them many times because of this rapid growth!






The green beans and yellow beans.....
There are lots of blossoms on the green beans....



And teeny weeny baby beans!!



The yellow beans are just starting to bloom.
The zukes and summer squash....
I have staked the zukes and squash after a particularly horrible storm. Plus, I have a very crowded garden so I decided to grow everything vertical.



The cukes.
The big one.....


This was a photo I shot yesterday.

I shot this one today!
Can't wait to start eating all my free organic veggies!!!

4 comments:

  1. Bet, wow, all looks great, I'll post my garden this weekend, I'm having struggles too! Daughter took camera to Myrtle Beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn's Money-I am blown away by how fast the veggies are growing despite all this rain! My green beans grew an inch in one night! Hope to be enjoying the fruits of my labor soon : )

    Can't wait to see pics of your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your garden looks fantastic!

    I'm glad you aren't having the blight (same one that caused the potato famine years ago) like we have on Long Island. It travels by air so it is killing off EVERYTHING, even little backyard gardens.

    Not only has all the rain has now flooded and killed most of the crops, but the blight has attacked anything left. Veggies are VERY expensive this year here!!!

    I hope the gov't puts some emergency funds into saving the "little guy" farms here to or, after this year, we'll never have farmland on LI again - just lots more condos! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I actually just got a Foodsaver so I could freeze most of my stuff. I'm thinking I'll be set for green beans all winter.

    ReplyDelete