"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Thursday, July 2, 2009

07/02 Thrifty Thursday Write dates on your food


Yes, the date is 04/05. No this is not still in my fridge!! I was going to do a post about this months ago but am just now getting around to it. Not throwing away food is just as important as saving money on buying it. I personally work really hard at saving money on food so it really upsets me if I have to throw any of it away because it has gone bad. I keep a Sharpie in my kitchen and when I open a tub of yogurt, pack of hotdogs (love the individual resealable Oscar Mayer packs), milk, etc. I write the date on it and that way I am more likely to use it before it goes bad. Also, by having the date I opened it on I know that if I don't use it within the time it is fresh that I am throwing out food that is bad and not food that is still edible.

No comments:

Post a Comment