"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I harvested my first tomatoes EVER!!!

Yippee! After last years tomato blight and having to rip out and throw away plants with bright red ROTTING tomatoes on them I am so proud and excited to have harvested healthy tomatoes this year :D I have more ripening as we speak.
I almost killed my entire garden yesterday when I was spraying it with organic
fungicide. I had half a bottle of concentrate and within a minute it was all gone!! There was a kink in the hose which meant that I was spraying my garden with concentrated UNDILUTED fungicide. I immediately smelled a strong vinegar smell. I unkinked the hose and just sprayed the crap out of my garden with water. The already sick cuke plants took the most damage to the leaves. I pruned all the damage. They are still alive this morning. Fingers crossed they survive!

This was yesterdays harvest. The lettuce is almost gone. I have a new crop growing in my nursery.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like salad is on the menu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah for your 1st maters!!
    Now get that white bread and mayo out and make you a sammich...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the tomatoes! They look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete