"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Thursday, February 11, 2010

January 2010 grocery spending and savings totals

Grocery items I include in my calculations are food, health and beauty, pet food and litter and cleaning products.

Total grocery spending out of pocket after coupons, CVS extra bucks, in-store card savings and rebates submitted for the month-

$696.46

Keep in mind that I did A LOT of stockpiling (I will be posting photos in a separate post) in January. My year end total for grocery spending will reflect a bigger overall savings.

Total savings from coupons, extra bucks and rebates submitted (does not include savings from in-store cards)

$336.91

I do not have a grocery budget for the month or year. This is the first time I am tracking grocery spending and savings. My plan is to see how much I spend for the year and set a yearly budget. I don't think a monthly budget would work for me because I stock up on items when they are on sale and have a coupon which means I will spend more money one month and much less another month.

Do any of you have a set grocery budget for the month or year? Are you tracking your grocery spending and savings?

No comments:

Post a Comment