"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Saturday, February 20, 2010

How to get CVS Extra bucks + pay next to nothing


I bought 3 more yesterday and think this is the perfect opportunity to explain how to get the most out of getting EB at CVS with spending the least OOP.

3 Glade 10 oz. soy candles $18-3 $3/1 coupons ($9)=$9 got $8 EB
How I actually paid OOP-$9-$4 EB (from trip #1)=$5

Total or final cost after EB earned=$1
I didn't include the $4 EB I used to pay because I already used that in calculating FINAL COST in trip #1

The deal for this is buy $12 of select Glade and get a $4 EB and the limit is 3 times. I got $8 in EBs this time because you can get $4 for every $12 you spend. I bought 3 the first trip and spent $18 before coupons. The $4 EB I got was for the $12 retail on 2 out of the 3 candles. The retail for the 3rd candle for trip #1 stays in the computer system for CVS so when I bought 3 more I got 2 $4 (printed one EB for $8) for 4 candles. Another way to look at it is to figure out how many items you need to buy total to get the limit. $12 x 3 (limit of EB)=$36. The candles were $6 each. So, $36 divided by $6 =6 candles. The register uses the RETAIL PRICE towards the EB. IT DOES NOT SUBTRACT THE COUPON VALUE OR VALUE OF EBs USED TO PAY FOR PURCHASE. This is why I was able to get the EBs even though my OOP cost was very low.
I don't have to make multiple trips to get the EBs but by doing so you can "flip" your EBs which will save you more money OOP.

No comments:

Post a Comment