"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Friday, March 5, 2010

February 2010 grocery spending and savings totals

Grocery spending total includes all food (including eating outside the home), health and beauty, cleaning and household supplies (trash bags, paper towels, tissues, etc.) and pet food and litter.

Total grocery spending after coupons, in-store card savings and gift cards/rebates earned and submitted (does not include RR's or CVS earned and NOT spent).

$618.60

This is still higher than I would like but I am trying to stock up before spring when I would prefer to be outside in my gardens and in my yard enjoying the weather instead of shopping all the time! We also have to have certain brands. I still have faith that as my stockpiles grow I will be spending less per month as the year goes on.

Total grocery savings (does not include savings from in store card savings or the difference between retail and sale price) which includes actual value of coupons used, RR's used, CVS extra bucks used and rebates submitted/gift cards earned.

$499.30

Whoo hoo!! This figure shows why my spending is still higher than I would like for the month but that by buying things when they are very cheap (on sale and I have a coupon and/or there is a rebate) I am saving myself a lot of money in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment